Gold & Silver
Why Trade Gold and Silver through FXCM?
- Low Transaction Costs: Trade commission free, no exchange fees, & no clearing fees. The transaction cost is the spread, the difference between the buy and sell price.
- Greater Ease of Trading: Gold and silver are traded alongside currencies on FXCM Trading Station II, providing you with convenient, intuitive, one-click trading.
- Generous Leverage: You can trade with 200:1 leverage, or 0.5% margin. Trading In the futures market requires large contracts—$4000 margin to maintain a 100-ounce position is common. In the futures market leverage is usually limited to 25 to 1. Without proper risk management, currency trading has a high degree of leverage that can lead to large losses as well as gains.
- Hedging Capability: You can go long or short spot gold in the same account and hedge your positions.
- Advanced Charting: Trade gold from FXCM's advanced charting package.
- No Re-Quotes: FXCM maintains a no re-quote policy for forex orders, indices, metals, and oil. Circumstances may exist based on order size, trading pattern, and/or market conditions when individuals may not receive execution at the requested rate. In such cases, orders are executed at the next available rate within the trader's parameters. All prices are subject to the activity and conditions in the underlying market.
Per Min Trade Size
|Target FXCM Spread||Minimum Stop Distance (Points)|
Gold (XAU/USD) and Silver (XAG/USD) Trading Hours
Gold and silver trading will commence on Sunday at 23.00 GMT. Furthermore, there will be a daily break in gold and silver trading at 22.00 GMT and trading in gold and silver will resume at 23.00 GMT. During the break, you will not be able to place market orders, and limit/stops cannot be placed and/or amended . Full details of gold and silver trading can be found found in the CFD Product Disclosure Statement.
Trading Metals on Margin
- Leverage to trade is set at 200-1, or 0.5% margin. Therefore, with each $1 in your account you control $200. Without proper risk management high degree of leverage that can lead to large losses as well as gains.
- Margin is the funds in your account necessary to back an individual trade. With 0.5% margin, you must keep in your account a cash balance of .5% of the total value of your position(s) in order to maintain the position.
Gold/Silver Rollover Explained
Spot Gold/Silver Rollover will be performed in the same manner as our forex instruments.