Margin / Leverage
ForexMargin & Leverage FAQ
- FXCM AU Maximum Leverage Approximately 200:1. Leverage magnifies both gains and losses.
- Customizable Margin Settings Through MyFXCM.com
- Up-To-Date Margin Requirements Displayed in the Platform
MARGIN REQUIREMENT SNAPSHOT
|CURRENCY PAIR||AUD MARGIN||NZD MARGIN>||USD MARGIN|
|EUR/USD (plus most euro based pairs)||$5||$5||$5|
|GBP/USD (plus most pound based pairs)||$5||$5||$5|
|USD/JPY (plus most U.S. based pairs)||$5||$5||$5|
|AUD/USD (plus most Australian dollar based pairs)||$5||$5||$5|
NOTE: A full list of up-to-date margin requirements can be viewed from the MMR column of the Simple Dealing Rates window within the platform.
Leverage is a double-edged sword and can dramatically amplify your profits. It can also just as dramatically amplify your losses. Trading foreign exchange with any level of leverage may not be suitable for all investors.
FXCM sends a notification via email when your margin level is close to receiving a Margin Call.
Based on price fluctuations, all margin requirements are subject to change without notice and will be adjusted up or down. At present, FXCM does not anticipate that margin requirements will have to be changed more than once a month. Up-to-date margin requirements are and will continue to be displayed in the "Simplified Dealing Rates" window of the trading platform by currency pair.
frequently asked questions
- What is margin?
- Why trade on margin?
- What leverage does FXCM offer?
- Why does FXCM encourage lower leverage?
- How can you increase your margin requirements?
- How do I know if my account is nearing a Margin Call?
- Where can I view FXCM's up-to-date margin requirements?
- Is there a debit balance risk? Can I lose more money than I deposit?